Civil Engineer/Senior Civil EngineerPosted 4 October 2021
A unique opportunity to join a forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering Consultancy. Hill Cannon Consulting Engineers Ltd. is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Civil Engineer to join the Newcastle team to help grow and strengthen our capabilities in the North East market.
Successful candidate will ideally have an MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering and have demonstrated Civil Engineering experience within a consultancy environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Preferably degree qualified (not essential) with relevant experience in a similar practice.
- A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution would be a preference however not essential
- Responsible directly to the Line Manager for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various small to medium sized projects.
- On larger projects assist the Line Manager in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- Delegate to, manage and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- The role requires an Engineer who will be client facing, with the ability to represent the Company externally at a senior level, alongside managing their own workload and the ability to manage a number of projects at any one time.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Excellent communications skills are paramount and to be capable of managing design teams both internally and externally.
- As a member of the team you will demonstrate strong team work qualities and be self-motivated.
- Experience of working in all development sectors and in particular the housing sector.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, Site 3D, MicroDrainage and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial, industrial developments and all other sector developments.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38 and 278 Agreements and Water Authority Sections 102, 104, 106, 116 and 185 Agreements.
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc
Interested in this position?
Send your CV to us and we'll be in touch with more information.
Files must be PDF or Word and be no larger than 10MB.
Private medical healthcare plan, for you and your family.
Since the pandemic, we recognise and support the importance of flexible working.
Learning & Development
Develop your professional qualifications and career, with our tailored support.