This voluntary aided school, with specialist arts and crafts centre status, is a new build development on a greenfield site. Hill Cannon have been responsible for the Structural Engineering design for the superstructure, substructure and drainage.
The school is steel framed construction and will house 800 students replacing an existing building which will be re-developed.
The new school facilities include:
- A 400 seat auditorium that can transform into a theatre space.
- Dance and Drama studios.
- New music rooms together with practice rooms, recording area and music technology facilities.
- 5 design technology areas and two new spacious art rooms.
- 7 specialist science laboratories and prep rooms.
- 4 badminton-court sports hall, together with a fitness centre, a new floodlit all-weather surface and four new tennis courts.
- 3 dedicated ICT rooms and a welcoming Learning Resource Centre.
- A Learning Support base that will provide for a wide range of learning needs.